Technical Writer – Part-time
Corero Network Security is a leading provider of Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection solutions. We are specialists in automatic detection and mitigation solutions, that include network visibility, analytics, and reporting tools. Corero's technology provides scalable protection capabilities against both external DDoS attackers and internal DDoS threats, in even the most complex edge and subscriber environments, ensuring internet service availability and uptime. Corero's key operational centers are in Marlborough, Massachusetts, USA, and Edinburgh, UK, with the Company's headquarters in London, UK. The Company is listed on the London Stock Exchange's AIM market under the ticker CNS. For more information, visit www.corero.com.
Corero is looking for a talented and motivated technical writer to join its documentation team. If successful, the candidate will be joining a small company, in a high energy team, maintaining a quality documentation set targeting Corero’s highly technical customer base. They must work closely with engineering, product management, QA and support teams (in both the UK and USA).
The candidate will be working alongside the existing Senior Technical Writer, and as a team, they will be responsible for ensuring a smooth delivery of all required documentation to support each product release. The documentation package is a combination of HTML5 online documentation, PDFs, and ASCII text files.
- Produce high-quality, easy to use documentation appropriate for the intended audience in the form of release notes, user guides, online help and other forms of content, on schedule and to high quality.
- Work closely with engineering, QA, product management and customer support functions, to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Provide input on strategy for end user documentation and information, assessing use cases, appropriate mediums and structure.
- Influence the product, as a full team member in the product development lifecycle.
- Strong command of written English.
- Genuine enthusiasm for learning and then conveying complex technologies.
- Ability and drive to seek out source material, using all available resources.
- Able to distil complex technical subjects into a clear and accessible format.
- Confidence, drive, self-motivation and ability to work autonomously when required.
- Someone who enjoys collaborating with teams, with excellent presentation and inter-personal skills.
- A passion for delivering high-quality output and helping our customers.
Required experience and skills:
- Proven experience as a Technical Writer in a similar role.
- Experience in modern single-source authoring tools. MadCap Flare experience desirable, but similar experience in a help authoring tool would be accepted.
- Ability to generate and visualize graphics for use within documentation.
- Knowledge or experience in computer network or security technology.
- Experience and comfort with a variety of source control tools is desirable. Documentation source control are maintained in GIT.
- Experience of issue tracking through Atlassian JIRA or similar.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- 25 days off + bank holidays + birthday leave
The position is associated with our central Edinburgh office, Scotland, UK. For candidates local to that office, flexible working arrangements mean an expected average of 2 days working in the office per week, with remaining days working from home.