Java Software Engineer
Corero Network Security is a leading provider of Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection solutions. We are specialists in automatic detection and mitigation solutions, that include network visibility, analytics, and reporting tools. Corero's technology provides scalable protection capabilities against both external DDoS attackers and internal DDoS threats, in even the most complex edge and subscriber environments, ensuring internet service availability and uptime. Corero's key operational centers are in Marlborough, Massachusetts, USA, and Edinburgh, UK, with the Company's headquarters in London, UK. The Company is listed on the London Stock Exchange's AIM market under the ticker CNS. For more information, visit www.corero.com.
Corero is looking for a talented and motivated Java Software Engineer to join its team developing management solutions for its leading DDoS protection solutions. The successful candidate will develop capabilities and features to manage our high-performance DDoS protection solutions.
- Work in a small team developing the software for Corero’s management solutions.
- Software development and support of complex and algorithmic Java software within a Linux environment.
- Development and use of software APIs between components in a Linux system.
- Collaborate closely with other team members, product management and engineering management on requirements.
- Deliver strong contribution to Corero intellectual property and software assets.
- Work across the entire lifecycle including design, implementation, integration, and bug fix.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Good communication, problem solving, presentation and design documentation skills.
Required experience and skills:
- Highly proficient in Java 17+
- Good object oriented software design skills
- Solid experience in Linux environments
- Experience in Spring framework, particular Spring Boot
- Solid experience with Linux-based scripting using Python and shell
- Relational database and Mongo database experience
- Strong Spring JPA / Spring Security experience
- Strong SQL / Relational Databases experience
- Container technologies such as Docker
- Understanding of unit test methodologies
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- 25 days off + bank holidays + birthday leave
The position is associated with our central Edinburgh office, Scotland, UK. For candidates local to that office, flexible working arrangements mean an expected average of 2 days working in the office per week, with remaining days working from home.