C or C++ Software Engineer
Corero Network Security is a leading provider of Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection solutions. We are specialists in automatic detection and mitigation solutions, that include network visibility, analytics, and reporting tools. Corero's technology provides scalable protection capabilities against both external DDoS attackers and internal DDoS threats, in even the most complex edge and subscriber environments, ensuring internet service availability and uptime. Corero's key operational centers are in Marlborough, Massachusetts, USA, and Edinburgh, UK, with the Company's headquarters in London, UK. The Company is listed on the London Stock Exchange's AIM market under the ticker CNS. For more information, visit www.corero.com.
Corero is looking for a talented and motivated Software Engineer to join its team developing our world leading DDoS protections. The successful candidate will join an experienced team, developing capabilities and features for our high-performance DDoS protection engine, for hardware, virtual and cloud computing environments.
- Work in a small team responsible for the development and support of our Corero DDoS protection platform.
- Software development will mostly be in C or C++ with some Python.
- Actively contribute to design, development, and implementation of Corero's next generation network security products.
- Design and implement subsystems and components in the solution, in an Agile environment.
- Contribute to Corero intellectual property and software assets.
- Support the products developed throughout their entire life cycle.
- Strong Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Experience coding in high performance C or C++.
- Good communication, presentation and design documentation skills.
- A good grasp of high-performance software principles, including data structures and algorithms.
- A commitment to product quality and building solutions that delight customers.
- Enthusiasm to learn.
- Knowledge of networking protocols or network security solutions.
- Proven ability to develop in a Linux operating system environment.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- 25 days off + bank holidays + birthday leave
The position is associated with our central Edinburgh office, Scotland, UK. For candidates local to that office, flexible working arrangements mean an expected average of 2 days working in the office per week, with remaining days working from home.